Adventures of Rupert Bear (The): Volume 1
A formative part of many childhoods and the definitive television adaptation of the Daily Express's much-loved cartoon strip, The Adventures of Rupert Bear was a massively successful puppet series by Mary Turner and John Read. Featuring the most singable theme tune in television history, the series captivated a generation of younger viewers and cemented Rupert's popularity forever.
Each episode saw the colourfully attired little bear enjoying a host of fantastic adventures with his friends, including Bill Badger, Edward Trunk, Podgy Pig, Algy Pug and ill-tempered twig-creature Raggety – with his flying go-kart often taking him to strange, faraway lands before whisking him back to his mother and father's house in Nutwood just in time for tea!
156 episodes were made over four series – with more than half previously believed to be either lost or held on an inferior format. Thankfully, the original film materials have now been unearthed and new transfers made for this release. This volume contains the 52 episodes from series one and two.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTES BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER
• This is a PRE-BUY for The Adventures of Rupert Bear volume one (out of three) DVD set and is only available while stocks last.
• As this is a PRE-BUY PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until 22 May 2017.
• The PRE-BUY price for the DVD is £25.00 (including VAT).
• When you complete your PRE-BUY you will be able to review your order in your account's order history.
• This DVD is Region 2/PAL so please ensure that your player is able to play Region 2/PAL discs before purchasing.
• When purchasing pre-buy and non pre-buy items together, the latter will be dispatched first.
• We are expecting heavy site activity when ordering goes live – if you cannot connect to the website then please try again later.
- Number of Discs
- 1.33:1 / Colour
- Mono / English
- 2 / PAL
- 576 mins