Prisoner (The): Original Soundtrack & Library Music Remastered
Fifty years on from its first UK broadcast, The Prisoner remains as fresh and dynamic as when it was first unleashed upon an unsuspecting world in 1967.
The music of The Prisoner is, in its own way, as much of a puzzle as the series itself.
No fewer than three opening title themes were commissioned, with the final choice subjected to extensive revision at the suggestion of Patrick McGoohan.
Original incidental cues for the series were composed by Albert Elms, Wilfred Josephs and Robert Farnon, with key episodes receiving their own score, whilst others were tracked using these same themes.
In addition, dozens more pieces were sourced from the Chappell Music library, many of them as distinctive and characterful as the specially-composed cues. Together, these musical items provided a unique, surreal and sometimes disorienting audio backdrop to Patrick McGoohan’s visionary series.
This release brings together all of the specially-composed music and library tracks in one collection for the first time, along with many alternate and unused takes.
Carefully compiled and remastered from the best available sources, this 6-CD set is accompanied by detailed notes from TV historian Andrew Pixley.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTES BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER
• This is a PRE-BUY for The Prisoner: Original Soundtrack & Library Music Remastered CD and is only available while stocks last.
• As this is a PRE-BUY PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until 30th October 2017.
• The PRE-BUY price for the CD is £30.00 (including VAT).
• When you complete your PRE-BUY you will be able to review your order in your account's order history.
• When purchasing pre-buy and non pre-buy items together, the latter will be dispatched first.
• We are expecting heavy site activity when ordering goes live – if you cannot place your order please try again later.
- Number of Discs