Stones in the Park (The) [BLU-RAY]
Filmed just two days after the tragic death of guitarist Brian Jones, some 250,000 fans flocked to Hyde Park, London, on a pilgrimage to see the group described as "the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world" – The Rolling Stones. A free show, the band played their hits, including Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women, Jumping Jack Flash, and Sympathy for the Devil, and released thousands of butterflies into the air in a tribute to their former guitarist.
Winner of The Best News Documentary at the 1969 Rank News Film Awards, The Stones in the Park has been lovingly restored in High Definition and has had its soundtrack remixed in Dolby 5.1 (including the additional song Mercy, Mercy) – this concert has never looked or sounded better. A fascinating documentary on the most successful band of their generation, captured at their most vulnerable, The Stones in the Park is a must for all fans of the legendary rockers.
• Three previously unseen songs which were filmed at the concert – Mercy, Mercy, Stray Cat Blues and No Expectations. The latter two are incomplete but are included here due to their uniqueness (HD).
• World in Action : Mick Jagger discusses his arrest for drugs possession, from July 1967 (SD).
• Mick Jagger press conference on his release from prison, from 1967 (SD).
• Rolling Stones news footage of their early fame, from 1964 (SD).
• Interview with Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts about their tour of France, from 1971 (SD).
- Number of Discs
- 1.33:1 / Colour
- 5.1 / Mono / English
- 56 minutes