Stones in the Park: Special Edition
Filmed just two days after the tragic death of guitarist Brian Jones, some 250,000 fans flocked to Hyde Park, London, on a pilgrimage to see the group described as "the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world" – The Rolling Stones. A free show, the band played their hits, including Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Woman, Jumping Jack Flash, and Sympathy for the Devil and released thousands of butterflies into the air in a tribute to their former guitarist.
Winner of The Best News Documentary at the 1969 Rank News Film Awards,The Stones in the Park has been lovingly-restored and has had its soundtrack remixed in Dolby 5.1 (including the additional song Mercy, Mercy) – this concert has never looked or sounded better. A fascinating documentary on the most successful band of their generation, captured at their most vulnerable, The Stones in the Park is a must for all fans of the legendary rockers.
• Digitally restored with new Dolby 5.1 soundtrack
• Three previously unseen songs which were filmed at the concert – Mercy, Mercy, Stray Cat Blues and No Expectations. The latter two are incomplete but are included here due to their uniqueness.
• World in Action : Mick Jagger discusses his arrest for drugs possession, from July 1967
• Mick Jagger press conference on his release from prison, from 1967
• Rolling Stones news footage of their early fame, from 1964
• Interview with Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts about their tour of France, from 1971
- Number of Discs
- 4:3 / Colour
- 5.1 / Mono
- 52 mins approx + extras