Saint (The): The Complete Monochrome Series
Legendary actor Roger Moore (James Bond, The Persuaders!) stars as debonair playboy Simon Templar in the series that made him a global star. Exciting and dashing, and always with an eye for the ladies, Templar travels the world targeting thieves and con-men - fleecing them with a clever combination of his trickery and trademark charm. It’s a dangerous game, but with his suave, panache and devilish good looks, The Saint proves to be one cool customer.
Made at the beginning of the Swinging Sixties and based on the world-famous series of bestselling stories by Leslie Charteris, this eighteen disc set presents the complete run of monochrome episodes (the original series one and two) alongside some unique and entertaining special features, including the definitive documentary on the making of these monochrome episodes, featuring contributions from Roger Moore and other members of the team that made The Saint one of the greatest success stories of British television.
Included in this set are all 71 monochrome episodes, which feature exceptional performances from guest stars such as Warren Mitchell, Honor Blackman, Patrick Troughton, Oliver Reed, Julie Christie, Alfred Burke and Sylvia Syms. Fun, cool and exceptionally popular in its day, The Saint remains a staple part of television programming and continues to be enjoyed by fans the world over.
Special Features include:
• The Saint Steps In... To Television: An exclusive new documentary about how Simon Templar came to the small screen. Featuring contributions from Roger Moore, Robert S Baker, Johnny Goodman, Roy Ward Baker, Ken Baker, Patricia Charteris and Caron Gardner.
• Commentaries on four episodes
• Alternative title sequence
• French main titles
• End titles background
• The Latin Touch trailer material (mute)
• Diverse textless material (mute)
• Episodic image gallerys
• Generic image gallery
• three booklets (two episode guides and the Leslie Charteris short story The Talented Husband)