British Comedies of the 1930s: Volume 12
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. STOCK WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL 8 JULY 2019.
The ebullient comedy films of the 1930s brought escape and laughter to millions of British cinemagoers, enabling veteran stars of the music-hall and theatre to reach out to a wider audience – making household names of performers like Leslie Fuller, Hal Gordon, Bobby Howes, Ernest Lotinga and Gene Gerrard.
Although comedy would prove to be the decade's most successful film genre, many of these classic early talkies have remained unseen since their original release. This ongoing collection showcases a wealth of rare features, each presented uncut, in a brand-new transfer from the best available elements in their as-exhibited theatrical aspect ratio.
ONE GOOD TURN (1936)
Leslie Fuller stars as a stall keeper who – along with his assistant and their horse – tries to save a musical show when it gets into trouble.
Black and White / 67 mins / 1.37:1 / Mono / English
SPRING HANDICAP (1937)
Will Fyffe plays a compulsive gambler and born loser who feels sure some money he's inherited will turn his luck to the better!
Black and White / 64 mins / 1.37:1 / Mono / English
• This is a PRE-ORDER for British Comedies of the 1930s 12 DVD and is only available while stocks last.
• As this is a PRE-ORDER PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until 8 July 2019.
• The PRE-ORDER price for the set is £8.99 (including VAT).
• When you complete your PRE-ORDER you will be able to review your order in your account's order history.
• When purchasing pre-order and non pre-order items together, the latter will be dispatched first.
• We are expecting heavy site activity when ordering goes live – if you cannot place your order please try again later.
- Herbert Brenon
- Beatrice Varley
- The British Film
- Number of Discs
- 1.37:1 / Black and White
- Mono / English
- 2 / PAL
- 132 mins