Champions (The): The Complete Series Special Edition
Craig Stirling, Sharron Macready and Richard Barrett are The Champions.
Endowed with the qualities and skills of superhumans - qualities and skills, both physical and mental, to the peak of human performance. Gifts given to them by an unknown race of people from a lost city in Tibet. Gifts that are a secret to be closely guarded - a secret that enables them to use their powers to their best advantage... as The Champions of Law, Order and Justice. Operators of the International Agency, Nemesis!
Suspense and action are the keynotes of this stylish series in which danger is mixed with a dash of wry humour and a lot of charm. Set against the same global espionage backdrop as the top-rated ALIAS and MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, THE CHAMPIONS stars Stuart Damon, Alexandra Bastedo and William Gaunt as the three agents of Nemesis. All three stars have been reunited exclusively to contribute interviews and commentaries for this Network DVD set – the first time they have come together since they made THE CHAMPIONS in the late 1960s.
Accompanying the remastered episodes are the following special features:
* 'We Were The Champions, a brand new documentary on the making of THE CHAMPIONS, featuring contributions from William Gaunt, Alexandra Bastedo, Stuart Damon, Johnny Goodman, Malcolm Christopher, Ken Baker, Cyril Frankel and Brian Clemens
* An audio commentary on The Beginning featuring Stuart Damon, Alexandra Bastedo and William Gaunt
* An audio commentary on Autokill featuring Stuart Damon, Alexandra Bastedo and William Gaunt
* A second audio commentary on Autokill featuring Malcolm Christopher, Ken Baker and Roy Ward Baker
* Previously unseen extended version of 'The Beginning' featuring specially shot bookend sequences
* Artistes test footage
* Nearly thirty minutes of incidental music by Edwin Astley, Robert Farnon and Albert Elms, prepared as a musical suite and accompanied by an extensive image gallery including many behind the scenes stills
* The Legend of the Champions - a feature-length compilation of The Beginning and The Interrogation, made by ITC for the overseas market in the early 1980s
* Episodic Trailer gallery - a gallery of the nineteen remaining Champions trailers (with UK and US soundtracks), specially transferred from the original film elements for use in this set.
* Generic trailer gallery - a gallery of various generic trailers of differing lengths which have been transferred from the original film elements for use in this set.
* Specially filmed 'Channel 9' promos
* Merchandise Image Gallery of Champions memorabilia showcasing images of the merchandise produced for The Champions during the sixties and early seventies. It includes the full fronts and backs of all the Champions trading cards.
* Annual Material PDF - The Champions featured as an ongoing strip in the Joe 90 Top Secret comic
* Reconstructed ad-caps
* Variant Titles featuring unused title music composed by Robert Farnon.
* A commemorative booklet featuring an in-depth essay on the making of The Champions by Mike Richardson
- Number of Discs
- 4:3 / Colour
- 1500 mins + extras